There were two moments that brought tears to Abe Froman's eyes on Saturday night: 1) The passing and subsequent raising of the championship banner and 2) John Scott getting chalk lined on the game winner. A one goal defeat against a good Detroit team with the banner in your peripherals, while missing 10 and 51, was not the worst case scenario. On a Bears victory Monday, Hawks news and notes are few and far between, but here is an assortment of links to get your week started.
- Adam Jahns talks up the 4th line and provides some other news and notes.
- Jesse Rogers says Hammer needs to step up cause he gettin paid.
- Kane somehow has to pack all of his cronies into just 3 sky boxes for his triumphant return to Buffalo.
- NHL Stat Sheets: Dave Bolland watch, Marlboro 72 watch, and Kaner watch.
- After logging 8:56 of ice time on Saturday, seemingly all of which in the defensive zone, Pirri is headed back to RockVegas.
- Bob Verdi on A Banner Night.
- Puck Daddy's SI Cover Contest, Round 2.