..well, nearly. It's 12 noon on Wednesday here in good old GMT though it'll be Friday morning at Ass O'Clock when the puck drops.
I just headed over to NHL.com and got a wonderful shiver down my spine when I saw all those silent, greyed-out game scores across the top of the page.. real games (notwithstanding the Phoenix-Dinamo nonsense).. there it is, in all its glory.. Game One.
Here we go again.
I'm trembling slightly as I type, partly due to the industrial strength coffee but mainly the Butterflies that are practing skating drills in my stomach.
So I was wondering: how are the good people of SCH-land going to spend their last day before Hockey Night rolls around? For my part, I'm going to sit back and chill and not think about Hockey at all. It's my day off so I've drawn up a job list to keep me busy.
- Mop Apartment Floors. This went well until I lost the puck.. I mean cat bowl.. and took a penalty for a high stick on the coat stand.
- Go for a Bracing Walk. Curtailed when I get confused and attempt to check a jogger on to the boards.. luckily the reservoir isn't that deep.
- Call Mum. We idly discuss the weather, work, why I don't call more often and what exactly the 'Hawks Third Line is going to look like. I think we got cut off about then.
- Read a Puck Daddy comments thread. This does succeed in taking my mind completely off Hockey.
- Throw On Some Music: After the 83rd play of Chelsea Dagger my housemate becomes annoyed.
- Watch Matrix Reloaded: Shittiness of said movie relaxes me until those creepy fucking twins show up and I suddenly become incoherent with rage, screaming for forechecks.
- Write a Fanpost full of lame jokes.. oh well, that's another hour down
Here we go folks. Looking forward to sharing the season with y'all.