Yes folks, this is the face of the best skater in the Olympic tournament.
Alright, it's not the morning anymore for most people, but I just woke up, so it counts. The NHL has resumed action today, and I think we're all better people for it. A few quick news items for you on Casimir Pulaski Day:
- The Hawks have traded for a goaltender! Don't go changing your underpants just yet though, as they've acquired Hannu Toivonen and Danny Richmond (again) for Joe Fallon of Rockford. This is an AHL depth move, not really even a lot to talk about here. I sincerely doubt Toivonen sees any time with the big club, and Richmond has already shown to be an AHL lifer. Though, Hannu Toivonen's name is extremely fun to say if you say it like Jerry Lewis. LADY!
- O Captain, My Captain - Jonathan Toews was named to the All Tournament Team as well as being named the best forward of the 2010 Olympic Games.
- Antti Niemi will get the start against the Islanders tomorrow night at Nassau Exploding Toilet Colosseum. John Madden may also skate in tomorrow's game as well.
- Despite NBC's best efforts to completely screw the pooch in their hockey coverage during the Olympics, yesterday's gold medal game was an unequivocal ratings bonanza for the Peacock. And while there are complaints abound to be made regarding NBC's coverage, they did us all a solid by going commercial free, so we'll give credit where it's due.
- As we noted in the podcast (which you should have already listened to, dammit), Wednesday night will be our first ever Second City Hockey/Committed Indian post-game party at the Bottom Lounge, after the game against Edmonton. The Bottom Lounge will be running a bus to and from the United Center if you're going to the game, and there will be copious drink specials at the bar. They've also put us in charge of the jams on the jukebox and the content on the video screens. The Bottom Lounge is located at 1375 W. Lake St, near the corner of Lake and Ogden just northeast of the UC, and is walking distance from either the Clinton or Ashland green line stops. Come out and join all three of us after the game, because ain't no party like a Second City party, 'cause a Second City party don't stop.