So, Big Buff got his day with the Cup and decided to wear his newest threads for the occasion.. I'm not going to judge or criticize (I leave that to you guys) but Puck Daddy clearly thought it worth a mention so that his legion of reasonable, rational, articulate followers could Pass/Fail it...
For a laugh I thought I'd get involved and commented thus..
1) The sight of a Thrashers jersey so close to the Cup will anger the Hockey Gods. Great Smiting and Woe will be visited. And some really, really nasty hits.. (ref: link; my money is on Li'l Jon getting whatever is the Hip Hop equivalent of a high check REAL soon*)
* It's almost definitely getting shot several times
2) Some Atlanta fans (there must be some, right?) may be a little confused as to how the Post Season actually works due to lack of involvement and be convinced that they actually won the..um.. ah.., you know, Big Silver Jug Thing this year. Cue hastily arranged ticker tape parade on Peachtree Street that serves to salute one confused linen delivery man and a taco vendor.
3) That horrible Light Blue/Darker Blue jersey just doesn't compliment the Silver, making the overall ensemble washed out, pale, weak, unispiring and less likely to win a Playoff game than I am likely to win the weekly award for 'Obvious Metaphor For [profane] Hockey Team'
4) How ugly is that room? We worried about where Kaner would take the Cup: Buff appears to have transported it back to the '70s...
However, I was wondering what all the good, clear-thinkin' folks at SCH would make of this vis-a-vis (I would never dare using Cheese-Eating-Surrender-Monkey language on PD) Karma, Kismet and General Politeness.
Is Ol'Dustin making a point? Or did he just have literally nothing else to wear?
As ever, your pal in old England