Model of restraint Dan Carcillo tries to give the grumpy Gus contingent behind him something to smile about.
After ten minutes of sick wet dog hockey and a judicious time out, things improved mightily down at the United Center last night. There are a couple of concerns about Andrew Brunette's placement and the Leddy-Keith fun time hour, and I can only hope Jonathan Toews had the plague; however, your 2011-2012 Chicago Blackhawks erased a two goal deficit and then maintained a one goal lead for an entire third period. Taking care of business in quotidian games early in the season might be what these guys do.
- Recaps: [Tribune] [Fifth Feather] [Madhouse Enforcer] [Hockeenight] [ESPN] [CSNChicago] [nhl.com] [Blackhawks Down Low] [Third Man In]
- Bartl's Boxing. [Cheer The Anthem]
- Yeah, Marian Hossa and Patrick Kane were beautiful last night. [Sun-Times] [ESPN]
- People care about a possible feud between John Scott and the Bruins' Shawn Thornton? [Sun-Times]
- Dustin Byfuglien likes that crowd in Winnipeg. [Sun-Times]
- Both he and Andrew Ladd appreciated playing in Chicago. [CSN]
- BH Up is a bit worried about Dan Carcillo. [Blackhawk Up]
- Approximately nobody expected Carcillo'd get an assist before a penalty, but I don't know about 'good fit'. [ESPN]
- If you missed all the new One Goal spots, here you go. [blackhawks.nhl.com]
- ETA: Cimaglia's reflections from last night. [MyFoxChicago]