Capoeira deathmatch or last gasp of hope in a putrid effort? You decide.
There's too much to hate about Sunday night's embarrassment. The special teams were awful, the penalties taken were stupid, the lack of composure when things started to go south was positively Canuckian. Learning experience games may be painful, but they also can give birth to a new and clarified focus and purpose. Destroying St. Louis is a good way to begin.
- Game summary and recaps. [ESPN] [CSN] [Sun-Times] [Tribune] [nhl.com] [Third Man In] [Blackhawks DL] [Fifth Feather] [Blackhawk Up]
- Bartl's sad Boxing. [Cheer The Anthem]
- We are fast approaching the saturation point of articles about atrocious special teams. [ESPN] [Sun-Times]
- Verdi's take on the game, the animosity, and rivalries in general. [blackhawks.nhl.com]
- Jamal Mayers got a crash course in Vancouver-related ire. [Tribune]
- A Blackhawks fan and a Canucks fan got engaged. [Tribune]
- An interesting look at what the Rinne contract might do to Nashville. [THN]
- Georges Laraque says the NHL does in fact have a steroid problem. [PD]
- DGB on coach/player tension. [Down Goes Brown]
- Roy MacGregor thinks that sports journalism is being destroyed by technology and needs more story-telling. [Globe and Mail]
- ETA: Cimaglia's take on a "misguided" Hawks squad. [MyFoxChicago]