While nobody's quite ready to say we're all one microscopic cog in Stan Bowman's catastrophic plan, the productive free-agency period, the signing of Patrick Sharp, and the back-up goalie insurance has to have fans breathing a little easier. The dog day stretch until camp/pre-season/actual news should pass with minimum angst.
- A pretty harrowing story about Ray Emery's injury and recovery. [Sporting News]
- Alexander Salak and Emery: there can be only one. [Chicago Tribune] [Sun Times]
- The fourth part of a series projecting the Central Division. [Blackhawk Up]
- David Perron, concussions, and a prospect lab testing some rule changes. [SI] via Legendary
- John Scott wants to contribute more on offense. [blackhawks.nhl.com]
- Fels on the benefits of a locked up core. [Madhouse Enforcer]
- How good is the KHL? An interesting piece on shifting equivalencies. [Puck Worlds]