There was actual hockey this weekend. Prospects wearing the Indianhead played their counterparts from the Maple Leafs and the Senators and showed what they could do, even if what they could do was engage in ill-advised and out-of-weight-class scraps. Brandon Saad currently leads the team with 3G and 2A, but there were several revealing performances as the kids tried to impress the Hawks higher-ups. I don't want to put too much stock in just a couple of games; however, it's beginning to look like center depth might be a thing.
Both games ended in losses, but sometimes you have to roll a hard six. Hockey's back.
- Highlights and recap of Game One of the Rookie tourney. [Third Man In]
- Ray Emery is ready for camp. [CSNChicago]
- Brandon Saad and Jimmy Hayes show up for Game Two. [blackhawks.nhl.com]
- Patrick Kane is sure he'll be playing the season opener. [Sun-Times]
- THN thinks Duncan Keith will return to '09-'10 form. [The Hockey News]
- More on the acquisition of David Toews. [Sun-Times] [Winnipeg Free Press] [Tribune]
- Rogers talks about players' voluntary skates in the days leading up to training camp. [ESPNChicago]
- Duncan Keith was overused last season, and people exaggerate how much he actively sucked. [Blackhawk Up]
- Alexander Galimov, the only player to survive the Lokomotiv crash, has passed away. [BBC]