I'm a fire-walker and a straight-talker. I'm a snake handling man.
Your Friday the 13th Blackhawks news and other league-wide notables.
- Recaps and reflection. [nhl.com] [Tribune] [CSN] [ESPN] [Sun-Times] [Hockeenight] [Third Man In] [MyFoxChicago]
- Dave Bolland graced us with his ineffable presence last night. [ESPN]
- Andrew Brunette's adjusting to a truncated role. [Tribune]
- Three Hawks are going to the All-Star Game. [CSN] [Tribune]
- Marian Hossa is looking forward to a triumphant return to Ottawa. [CSN]
- Dan Carcillo may need knee surgery. [CSN]
- I don't hate you like most, Jesse Rogers, but if you love him, you're going to have to let Byfuglien go. Jimmy Hayes won't heal you. [ESPN]
- The role of the designated fighter is becoming obsolete. [USAToday]
- Michael Cammalleri spoke candidly about Montreal. Management pulled him out of a game last night and traded him because apparently they live in an episode of La Usurpadora. [PD] [HabsEyes]
- E has a fantastic piece on getting into the corners through the lens of an unbearably polite women's hockey class. [TheoryofIce]