I'm new around here so help me out: If a blowout victory is a David Lee Roth, is a blowout loss a Gary Cherone? You have your choice of two middle names (Francis or Caine) if you need an extra initial.
- Charlie, beat the beats, the beats you beat (Game recaps): (Myers); (Jahns); (Rogers)
- It's a madhouse, or so they claim (Blogger perspectives): (Fifth Feather); (Hockeenight); (The Third Man In)
- Trib's Chris Kuc writes that the kids are playing to stay
- Hjammer is now more hit-conscious (Trib)
- Tracey Myers: Hawks blueline is chipping in
- Bettman hopes to begin new CBA talks after the All-Star break (NHL.com)
- A little provocative snark to start your day: Vancouver Sun''s Cam Cole works the asterisk key over the next Winter Classic
- THN's Adam Proteau spotlights the top 10 comeback players of this season; no Hawks but Steeger made the list.
- NHL.com's stats and recaps of last night's games: Caps 3, Habs 0; Les Sabres 2, Good Guys 6; Panthers 3, Avs 4 (OT); Coyotes 2, Ducks 6