When you're dealing with a week where the temperatures are pushing 100, it's a great relief to be reminded that the NHL season is coming. Lets not even talk about the pending CBA... let's just take a look and plan out which are some of the highlights. Check out the schedule here.
- For the first time in 3 years, the Blackhawks open the season at home taking on the Blue Jackets on Saturday, October 13. No word on if Rick Nash will be here or if Jack Johnson will have sobered up.
- Phoenix Coyotes will be visiting the UC on Oct. 30th but it will only be the 20th game of Raffi Torres' 25 game suspension for taking out Panda. The Hawks won't face Torres until Feb 9th for a home and home against the Yotes.
- The Hawks take on the Sharks in the UC the day before my birthday... not sayin', just sayin
- A bit of a Thanksgiving/Circus Trip switch this year - the Blackout Wednesday game will be against the defending Stanley Cup Champion Kings instead of the Sharks.
- The Hawks have their standard several long road trips - 6 games from Nov. 14-23, 6 games from Jan. 29-Feb. 9, and another from Mar. 14-24. But only one long homestand - 7 games from Feb. 17-Mar. 1. (Expect Sam to be drinking heavily on that March 1st game)
- The season ends with 6 games against Central Division opponents (plus a Wild game thrown in for kicks). To wrap it up, the Hawks will do a home and home against our dear old friends in St. Louis. Ought to be fun.
So what games are you looking forward too? Other than all of them of course...