It's been a while since we've done one of these, but given the couple days off that the Hawks have, and that they're approximately midway through the season, I figured we'd get to the bottom of some issues with some throbbing hockey minds. Being represented this go around are Forklift of HockeeNight, John of the Fifth Feather, Jeff Bartl of Blackhawk Up, Chris Block of The Third Man In, and some guy named Sam who does Madhouse Enforcer for NBC.
And if you wanna find hell with me, I can show you what it's like...
- What do you see as being wrong with Duncan Keith to this point in the season, and can it be fixed?
Fork: I'm hoping it's something as simple as him being a little overwhelmed at being paid $8 million, and is trying to do too much. You can see where he's just not simplifying his game - looking for that one extra pass, shooting where there's no lane, playing with the puck too much. All things that are not part of the Duncan Keith game.
- Based on the season thus far, is Corey Crawford a long-term solution in net? And if so, will his price tag being a problem?
- While he's been great since returning, as both the numbers and eye-test show, can Brian Campbell keep up this high a level of play for the remainder of the year?
- Since returning to the Hawks after the WJC, what have your impressions of Nick Leddy been, and do they differ at all with what you saw in the first 5 games of the year?
- Lastly, how nice of a guy is Sam for giving away copies of the Indian for free on Sunday?