After all of the bouquets I threw at the powerplay in my latest Atop the Suger Pile post, it would be irresponsible of me not to point out how seemingly unclutch the unit is when the team needs it most (third periods at the UC). I haven't dug deep enough into the stats to verify this hunch, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I think I'm going to hibernate for the rest of winter, wake me up when a forward on the PK unit is actually in position to block a shot. "The Pope-AH no like-ah the sting of the slap-ah shot-ah." Who's idea was it to give me space for my own rant anyway? Here are your Thursday links:
- Speaking of bouquets, Haugh is tossing some Bears bye week bouquets Shooter's way.
- Depressing recaps galore: Jahns, Rogers, Sassone, and Kuc.
- Sharpie basically calls Ott out for diving.
- Stat Sheets: Q's guide to neutralizing 88, Q's guide to time management when scratching effective fourth liners, Shooter Watch, CORSI, and shifts.
- Is Stan Bowman about to show off his Tradin' Skillz? Minor quibble: Skillz being scratched for John Scott might not mean much considering how Q has handled his forwards this year.
- Jeff Bartl jumps on the "time for a rant" bandwagon.
- Wyshynski breaks down more Pens-Caps 24/7.
- More from Puck Daddy: When rubber fails.
- Check out the post game interviews from Daydream Nation on the Madhouse Enforcer.