Is it just me, or have the last three days been excruciatingly long to wait through to get to the next game day? Or maybe I'm just a psychopath. Either way, Hack will be out for the remainder of the work week, so I'll be doing my best to fill for him until he returns. To your gameday links:
- Bartl has a discussion with Wild.com's Glen Andersen about what else, tonight's opponent, the Minnesota Wild.
- Some Byfuglien guy gets a 5-year, $26 million dollar extension, causing beat writers around Chicago to shit a chicken.
- Kaner missed his second straight practice with what's assumed to be the flu, but free clinics around the greater Lincoln Park and Lakeview area have been placed on orange alert.
- Adam Jahns talks of Hawks and their desperation in the home stretch of the season, and fortunately the word "mode" is not at all attached to "desperation" once in the column.
- After last night's games, 68s are wild in the standings in the West, but a quick glance shows that the Hawks have a game in hand on everyone ahead of them except Scum, a far cry from the beginning of the year. Hint hint, NHL schedule makers.
- Down Goes Brown hops in the wayback machine and relives some of the most memorable brawls of yore.
- Pension Plan waxes metaphorical on the Versteeg trade.
- Five more years of Dan Roan awkwardly asking questions during intermissions on Sunday evenings. At least they gave he and Konroyd a desk this year, rather than the free-standing bar stools.
- And lastly, in F THE MAN news: While it sucks that the insurance company bailed because of a technicality, big ups to the owners of former Hawks' affiliate the Indiana (formerly Indianapolis) Ice for stepping up and making the donation. And can we get that guy to teach Duncs how to hit the net?