Photo credit: Chris Jerina
The Rockford IceHogs and the Chicago Wolves "treated" the fans at the Allstate Arena to a very unexciting game last night. Both goalies, Eddie Lack and Carter Hutton, stopped every shot fired their way through 65 minutes as the game went into a shootout. The Wolves outscored the Hogs 3-1 in the shootout with Brandon Pirri being the only IceHogs able to get one by Lack. Overall the game was pretty sloppy with 13 minor penalties called and didn't offer very much excitement. Rockford went 0 for 6 on the power play and if I could find a way to blame Mike Kitchen for that I would. The Wolves and the Hogs drop the puck again at 3pm today and be seen locally on U Too, whatever the hell that is. The game will also be streamed at www.icehogs.com.
- Carter Hutton was good through 65 minutes of hockey, stopping all 31 shots he faced, only to wet himself in the shootout. He will fit in with the Blackhawks well!
- Speaking of fitting in well, Brett Sterling is going to make a great Canuck one day. You can tell he spent the offseason watching film on Ryan Kesler's diving techniques because has them down pat.
- Nick Leddy looked bored being back in the AHL but showed flashes of his killer speed on the power play which the Blackhawks need to incorporate more when the season starts.
- I literally almost bumped into Alain Vignault while getting beers before the game started. I wanted to flick a booger at him but had two beers in my hands.
- Anyone who voluntarily wears a Canucks jersey in Chicago needs to be hit by a dump truck!
- The Wolves need a new musical director. Their opening video montage is set to the music of Adele. Yes nothing gets me more pumped up for hockey than listening to a woman cry over being dumped!