Here are some official-sounding details about the gig:
The site manager at Second City Hockey will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive, life-long Blackhawks fan. The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Blackhawks. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce content that Blackhawks fans love.
You don't need to live in the Chicago area, but it wouldn't hurt. Compensation is in the form of a monthly stipend -- but think beer money, not rent money. Unless you live in a case of beer.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quailty content.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the Second City Hockey Facebook page, Twitter account and other channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Second City Hockey. Give the site your own voice but also foster the voice of your fellow contributors.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the Chicago Blackhawks, the NHL and ice hockey.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
Head here to apply for the position.
Questions? Email me: travis at sbnation.com