The Chicago Blackhawks broke a five-year record with the highest-rated telecast in CSN Chicago history when they played Game 7 of their Western Conference first round series against the St. Louis Blues on Monday at Scottrade Center.
The game pulled in a 19.07 in the Chicago market household rating. The previous high was 13.69 for the Chicago Bulls at Indiana Pacers first-round Game 3 matchup April 21, 2011.
For last night's Game 7 telecast, Comcast SportsNet attracted approx. 662,703 Chicago market households for the entire length of the game (7:30 - 10:30 PM CT) and posted a 23.89 peak rating during the 10:00 PM quarter-hour (more than 830,000 households). The Blackhawks-Blues Game 7 telecast also gave the network its all-time best rating in the key advertising demo category of Adults 25-54 (15.85). Source for all ratings information is provided by Nielsen Media Research.
The Hawks hold down four of the top five most watched games on CSN Chicago, including two from its series against St. Louis.
- 19.07 - Hawks at STL (Round. 1, Game 7 - April 25, 2016)
- 13.69 - Bulls at IND (Round. 1, Game 3 - April 21, 2011)
- 13.33 - Hawks at VAN (Round. 1, Game 7 - April 26, 2011)
- 12.45 - Hawks vs. VAN (Round. 1, Game 6 - April 24, 2011)
- 11.82 - Hawks at STL (Round. 1, Game 5 on April 21, 2016)