Kane and Toews ranked Nos. 8 and No 9, respectively, in this season’s sales figures, the NHL announced Friday. The figures are from Fanatics network of e-commerce sites, which includes Shop.NHL.com and NHLShop.ca.
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews had the best-selling NHL jersey ahead of Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby, who was last year’s top seller, and Edmonton Oilers’ Connor McDavid. Goaltenders Marc-Andre Fleury of the Vegas Golden Knights and Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers rounded out the top 5.
The Blackhawks and Rangers were the only teams to have multiple players in the top 10. Washington and Pittsburgh each had two in the top 15 with T.J. Oshie at No. 12 and Evgeni Malkin at No. 15.
Top 15 best-selling NHL jerseys
1. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
4. Marc-Andre Fleury, Vegas Golden Knights
5. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
6. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
7. Mats Zuccarello, New York Rangers
8. Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
9. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
10. Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
11. Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
12. T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals
13. Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
14. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning
15. Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins