In his first public appearance this year, Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Corey Crawford told the media Friday afternoon, “I’m not 100 percent yet” in regards to a head injury that sidelined him since December.
Crawford appeared during the Blackhawks’ three-day fan convention in Chicago.
After declining to comment or give further detail on an “upper-body injury” that the 33-year-old goaltender suffered last season, it was later reported by Mark Lazerus of The Chicago Sun-Times that Crawford was potentially going to miss the rest of the 2017-2018 NHL season with “vertigo-like symptoms.”
A few days later, Scotty Bowman (Chicago’s senior advisor) released that he thought Crawford was recovering from “post-concussion syndrome” during a radio appearance in Canada. While the statement was not based around a report from the team’s front office, Bowman, the father of Chicago’s general manager Stan Bowman, mentioned his statement followed the symptoms he had seen previously.
Despite his medical situation, Crawford remains optimistic about returning with a clean bill of health for next season.
“We’ve come a long way the last couple of months, and have been working really hard and doing whatever I can to get better.”
Corey Crawford says he’s not 100% yet. Wouldn’t speak on rumors re. why he missed time. #blackhawks pic.twitter.com/dDboXJNANt— Scott King (@ScottKingMedia) July 27, 2018