SCH Ice Cold Podcast: Episode 9: Playoff Preview with Laura Astorian
It's playoff time, so Laura Astorian of St. Louis GameTime joins Robert and Adam to discuss the first round series between the Blackhawks and Blues. The guys then discuss what to expect from Corey Crawford, Patrick Kane's rise, and more!
The playoffs are here! It's the time of year where the Blackhawks seemingly make magic happen regularly. The defending Stanley Cup champions start their title defense against the rival Blues this week. If there's a switch to be flipped, now would be the right time. Managing editor of St. Louis GameTime, Laura Astorian, joins the podcast to help preview, break down and pick--definitely unbiased-- the series. There's also the final rise of Patrick Kane, complications from Artemi Panarin's bonus, and much more!
The overall rundown:
- All of the pain and agony of postseason hockey has arrived as the Blackhawks are set to face the Blues in the first round. Breaking down and picking what's probably going to be a nail biting series.
- Crawford plays his first game in a little under a month in a loss to the Jackets. How did he look and what kind of play can we expect from him this spring?
- With consistency, Kane wins the scoring title with 105 points. How did he elevate his level of play to this final stage this season?
- Artemi Panarin basically sets the league on fire this year and especially in the last two weeks of the regular season, earning all of his performance bonuses. What's Panarin's future in Chicago, and how will his bonus tear apart the Hawks' lineup?
- Picking the playoffs from every first round series to the Cup champion and Conn Smythe winner. Don't worry, there are no shortages of hot takes or a homer here.
Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or on the player below! Be sure to subscribe and rate us 5 stars on both iTunes and Stitcher, and let us know what you think as well! (We are also looking for a sponsor. If you or someone you know has interest, send along correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org)