Morning Links - (1/4)
Daily Blackhawks news and other hockey notables.
- The last time the Blackhawks were in Philly, there was a Stanley Cup on the line. [Tribune]
- Perhaps mixing up the powerplay units will help. [CSN]
- The HMCS Carcillo has yet again run aground. Suspended indefinitely. [Tribune]
- Patrick Kane has 9 goals in 39 games, is still among league leaders in assists, and just got moved to the second unit power play. [ESPN]
- Fifth Feather has something to say about headshots. [Fifth Feather]
- Block has a great run-down of all the entry-level deals the club has made lately. [Third Man In]
- Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts include Coyotes relocation speculation. [CBC]
- John Collins, marketing guru, and what he does for the NHL. [Fast Company]
- Gary Bettman's New Year's Eve Party. [Down Goes Brown]
- Yes, yes, Deadspin, but this is a fantastic read on Gary Bettman and the Winter Classic. [Deadspin]
- Tragic story about a Minnesota teenager who's spine was severed by an accidental bad check, and who may never walk again. [MyFoxTwinCities]
- WJC: Sweden beats Finland in overtime to advance, and despite a furious comeback attempt by Canada, Russia will be joining them there.