Mourning Links (8/16)
Attach a black ribbon to your hockey flags today for enforcer Rick Rypien, who was found dead yesterday in Alberta. Rypien recently signed a contract with the Jets, but played all 119 of his NHL games with the Canucks, scoring 9 goals and 7 assists, and amassing 226 penalty minutes. A warrior and fan favorite, Rypien battled depression and other off-ice issues throughout his pro career. Rypien was only 27.
- James O'Brien from NBC Sports provides links and updates for Rypien's death
- Mooney in the Vancouver Sun: Rypien will be missed; NHL players pay their respects via Twitter
- The Hockey News' Adam Proteau breaks out his soapbox on Hockeenight puckcast
- GM Ray Shero tells NHL.com's Alan Robinson that Crosby's setbacks are right on schedule
- This issue involving Tazer's alma mater is a tad old, and might put the board on DEFCON 2, but it's too juicy not to bring up (sorry, mods)
- Looking on the bright side of life: Souray doing some summer moonlighting. Superfly Snuka to play defense?