Nominate your community for Kraft Hockeyville!
The grand prize includes $150,000 in arena upgrades for your community and the opportunity to host an NHL preseason game.
Want to give your local hockey community the kind of experiences and funding that most could only dream of? Kraft Hockeyville is back this year giving communities around the country the chance to do just that, and you can nominate yours now!
The good folks from Kraft Hockeyville reached out to us to pass on this information, and we're happy to help you guys out if you're hoping to get your communities involved in the voting. Here's the list of possible prizes:
• One grand prize of hosting an NHL® Pre-Season Game, $150,000 for arena upgrades and the coveted title of Kraft Hockeyville;
• $75,000 in arena upgrades for the second place community;
• $40,000 each for the third and fourth place communities and $20,000 each for the remaining six prize winners.
Nominations must be made by March 18, 2015, via KraftHockeyville.com, and learn more from the organization's official Facebook page.
Ten finalists will be named after the first round of voting, which will proceed from there as described:
· Round 1 (April 14-16, 2015) – Top four communities chosen to move on to the next round; remaining six each receive $20,000 toward arena upgrades.
· Round 2 (April 21-22, 2015) – Top two finalists selected; remaining two each receive $40,000 toward arena upgrades.
· Round 3 (April 27-29, 2015) – One community will emerge as the first-ever "Kraft HockeyvilleTM USA"; runner-up will receive $75,000 toward arena upgrades.
· The winning community will be announced on May 2, 2015 and receive the grand prize of the chance to host an NHL preseason game televised on NBCSN and receive $150,000 in arena upgrades from Kraft.
So this is a pretty exciting chance to potentially change the lives of a lot of young hockey players in your area, and seriously, who doesn't want a little NHL hockey in their town?