Abe Froman's A.M. Hot Links (3/31)
Abe himself is indisposed with other duties of the encased meat aristocracy this morning, so it will be me, your humble jester in the court of sausage royalty, providing your Thursday linkage.
- James Duthie reports that Sharp is to begin skating as early as Tuesday. So much for my "He'll be back for Tampa" prediction.
- Chris Kuc tells us of the desperation pandemic.
- Fels: Think you've got it rough? See if that shit flies in The 'Burgh.
- Al Cimaglia asks the age-old question.
- A fun little puff piece on Murdersaurus/Fluffy/John Scott, as if he actually contributes anything to the on-ice product.
- The next best thing to the meteor actually striking.
- Tonight will provide far more games of import in the West, with a Sharks win significantly helping the Hawks.
- So the whole "60 minute effort" thing? It's apparently been optional, according to newcomer Chris Campoli ("we have a tendency to let our guard down a little bit’’).
- The official mouthpieces finally reported that Jimmy Hayes has signed his entry level deal with the Hawks...about two full days after we were given the story from BC Interruption. So that's officially, by my tally, 786 contracts the Hawks have under the allowable 50.
- Breaking News (literally): Hal Gill has pituitary issues.
- And finally, apparently your fantasy hockey team was probably let down if it was counting on Duncan Keith this year. Sounds a lot like Keith's real team.